Welcome to Ralph Witters Elementary!
A great place to learn and grow
HSCSD # 1, will inspire students, staff and community to be the recognized educational leader in the state of Wyoming.
We believe in:
Learning as the fundamental purpose for our work, A collaborative culture in which we learn together, A focus on results, Partnerships with parents and community, Ensuring that all students are prepared for any path they choose.
Ralph Witters Elementary School is home to all district students in kindergarten through fourth grade. We believe in:
- Developing social skills, self-discipline, ethical and moral behavior, and self-confidence.
- Developing the ability to creatively solve problems both independently and cooperatively.
- Allowing individuals to learn however they learn best.
- Learning responsibility for actions and accepting the consequences associated with those actions.
- Mastering essential skills for a lifetime of learning.
- Providing a safe, positive atmosphere to maximize the potential of each individual.
- Providing broad-based opportunities for learning.
- Encouraging a desire to continue learning.
|Download Student Supply Lists!|
Ralph Witters Elementary School | Deborah Brown, Principal
215 Springview St.
Thermopolis, WY 82443
Main office: 307-864-6561
Attendance: (307) 864-6670
Our office is open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Friday.
To download a copy of the Student Handbook, click HERE.
|RWE Master Schedule
To download a copy of the RWE master schedule, click
To download a copy of this year's district calendar, clickHERE
Students and teachers
11.9:1 student/teacher ratio
The school known as Ralph Witters Elementary was first built as Springview School in 1952. At that time, Ralph Witters was principal of another Thermopolis elementary building, Hill School. He had begun as principal of Hill School in 1946 and would continue in this role for more than 30 years, retiring in 1978.
By 1994, growing student enrollment moved the fourth and fifth grade students to Lucerne Intermediate School, just north of Thermopolis. Construction on another addition to Ralph Witters began in 2006 and was completed for the 2007-08 school year. With the newly expanded building, the fourth and fifth graders returned to the building, bringing Ralph Witters back to its original purpose as a school for all students in kindergarten through fifth grade.